Riverside Nursing Home Bedsore Lawyer
Bedsores, also known as pressure sores or pressure ulcers, are a severe problem in Riverside nursing homes that can lead to a severe infection or even the wrongful death of a resident. If your loved one suffered serious consequences due to a pressure sore, call Attorney Joel Bryant today.
Attorney Bryant is a local California elder abuse attorney who is:
- Compassionate and dedicated to the elderly and their families
- Recognized in the legal community for his work in nursing home abuse and neglect
- Aggressive when pursuing justice and holding negligent nursing home staff and facilities responsible for their actions
Contact Attorney Bryant’s office now to schedule your free claim evaluation. There is no risk or obligation to meet with Attorney Bryant to discuss your legal options and any potential for financial recovery.
A Riverside Nursing Home Pressure Sore Attorney Can Help
Proving a nursing home abuse or neglect claim in Riverside is no easy task. A victim or their family can only receive compensation in a pressure sore claim if the evidence proves the nursing home was negligent in their care of the resident.
An experienced attorney, like Attorney Joel Bryant, will enlist medical professionals to help prove the nursing home, or their staff, was at fault, as well as:
- Gather all relevant evidence including medical records and witness statements;
- Find the exact cause of bedsore;
- Determine the total amount of financial damages and other losses;
- Negotiate any settlements with insurance companies; and
- File and litigate your claim in court if needed.
Attorney Bryant will stand beside you throughout the legal process from start to finish answering your questioning and offering guidance. Trust your legal matters to a professional so you and your loved ones can focus on healing.
Causes of Pressure Sores
Pressure sores (or bedsores or pressure ulcers) are sores that develop from staying in one position for a prolonged period. Often they arise on nursing home residents who lie in a bed or sit in a wheelchair for long stretches at a time.
Pressure sores arise from the weight of the individual pressing down upon a point of the body and restricting blood flow on that point. Typically these body points are:
- Back of the head
Stages of Pressure Sores
There are four primary stages of bedsores. All need immediate attention to prevent acceleration into further stages. Signs and symptoms of the four stages are as follows:
- Stage one. The skin is red
- Stage two. The skin thins and may indent. The skin may appear to blister
- Stage three. The skin is thin and appears to crater
- Stage four. The skin craters and may open to expose muscle or bone, exude an odor or pus. These ulcers are painful and susceptible to sepsis, gangrene, and other infections. Treatment may include amputation.
It is generally agreed by experts that residents who are high-risk need turned every two hours to prevent pressure sores. Failure to treat these wounds may result not only in infections but may lead to death.
Treatment of Pressure Sores
The best treatment for bedsores is prevention. This begins with the initial assessment of a resident for pressure ulcers. Once a bedsore develops, nursing homes are responsible for:
- Documenting the wound
- Documenting all treatments to prevent worsening of the injury and appearance of new bedsores
- Treating the wound
- Reassessing the resident and wound for progress
Nursing homes often claim pressure sores were beyond their control. This is where a Riverside nursing home neglect attorney is vital to pursuing your claim. Attorney Joel Bryant can investigate and identify indications of neglect and support these with medical expert opinions.
California places a strict statute of limitations on nursing home medical malpractice and neglect cases. Therefore, do not delay in contacting Attorney Bryant. It may cost you and your loved one the opportunity to hold a negligent nursing home and its staff responsible for ongoing pain to your family.