Hemet Nursing Home Wrongful Death Lawyer
A large percentage of America’s elderly population lives in nursing homes or assisted-living facilities. They rely on around-the-clock care for healthy and happy lives. Unfortunately, not all long-term living facilities fulfill the duties of care owed to residents. If you find out your loved one passed away while in the care of a nursing home in Hemet, discuss the possibility of wrongful death with Attorney Joel Bryant. If the facility or one of its employees could have prevented your relative’s death, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. Contact us today for more information.
Why Clients Choose Attorney Joel Bryant
- He is actively involved in the legal issues California’s elderly population faces. He is a leader in Southern California’s legal community.
- He specializes in prosecuting civil and probate actions for elder abuse and neglect. He has years of experience and success with this type of litigation.
- He offers 100% free initial consultations at conveniently located offices in California. You can receive answers to your questions risk-free.
- He accepts all Hemet nursing home wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. You will only pay for your legal services if Attorney Bryant wins your wrongful death case.
What Causes Nursing Home Wrongful Deaths?
Obtain a second opinion about your loved one’s passing before accepting it as natural or unavoidable. It is common for a nursing home to try to blame a resident’s death on a pre-existing medical condition, an unpreventable emergency or simply old age. It is worth the time and effort, however, to investigate the death further with assistance from a wrongful death lawyer. Many causes of nursing home wrongful death are preventable.
- Resident neglect
- Intentional physical abuse
- Malnutrition or dehydration
- Medication errors
- Lack of resident supervision or monitoring
- Medical device defects
- Poorly trained staff members
- Lack of communication among staff members
- Failure to react properly to an emergency
- Unsafe or unsanitary premises
Any of these causes of death could grant your family the right to pursue financial compensation through a wrongful death claim in Hemet. The nursing home may owe your family money to cover your related medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, mental anguish, pain and suffering, legal fees, and more. Attorney Joel Bryant helps families like yours with the wrongful death legal process in Hemet. You do not have to handle a claim against a nursing home alone.
California Wrongful Death Laws
California’s wrongful death laws only allow certain surviving family members to file these types of claims. You must be the deceased person’s spouse, domestic partner, child, issue of a deceased child or someone entitled to the decedent’s property through intestate succession to bring a claim. You may have grounds for a lawsuit if your loved one died while at a nursing home, someone’s negligence or intent to harm caused the death, and surviving family members suffered monetarily as a result of the death.
Attorney Joel Bryant can review your loved one’s nursing home death to let you know whether you have a claim. If your loved one’s death has any suspicious surrounding circumstances, such as a rapid and unexplained decline in health or a traumatic accident such as a fall, speak to an attorney about a possible wrongful death lawsuit. Do not wait. You must file within two years of the date of the death for a valid lawsuit.
Contact a Nursing Home Wrongful Death Lawyer in Hemet, CA Today
Although not every nursing home resident death is wrongful, some point to neglect, abuse or carelessness on the part of the facility or one of its staff members. A wrongful death claim can be easier to work through with assistance from Attorney Joel Bryant. His experience, commitment and legal resources can help your family build a stronger claim to damages on your loved one’s behalf. Contact Joel Bryant today to schedule a free consultation near Hemet, California. Call (619) 239-7900.