Riverside Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffers abuse or neglect at the hands of a nursing home in Riverside, call Attorney Joel Bryant for answers about your legal rights and options. His team provides dedicated representation to victims of elder abuse throughout Southern California and will fight tirelessly on your behalf to secure all recovery due to you or your loved one.
Attorney Bryant is:
- Focused on each client and their individual needs
- Locally and nationally recognized for excellence
- Experienced in both financial abuse and medical neglect and abuse of senior citizens
Call us in Riverside today and schedule your free case evaluation. Attorney Bryant will meet with you confidentially to discuss the merits of your nursing home claim.
How a Riverside Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorney Can Help You
When you retain Attorney Joel Bryant, he and his team will report any abuse or neglect to the proper California authorities on your behalf. Additionally, Attorney Bryant will:
- File any abuse reports and legal claims against nursing home facilities and employees
- Gather needed evidence and witness statements
- Hire necessary experts
- Handle any responses from these facilities
- Represent your interests in settlement talks with the nursing home
- If there is no acceptable settlement, proceed to a civil trial
Attorney Bryant is a skilled trial lawyer. He will not hesitate to take your case to court regardless of the size of the defendant. There are time limits in California to file a nursing home abuse and neglect case, so call today to arrange your complimentary consultation.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Nursing home neglect is the failure to provide a patient with the goods and services necessary to prevent physical, mental, or emotional harm. Nursing home abuse is the intentional infliction of injury, including confinement, intimidation, or punishment that results in physical, mental, or emotional harm.
Some signs and symptoms can indicate physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect. Knowing what to look for can help friends and relatives identify when something is wrong. These signs include:
- Physical abuse. Signs of physical abuse include personal injuries such as open wounds, cuts, burns, and areas of skin discoloration. Symptoms may include changes in a loved one’s behavior, weight loss, or personal hygiene.
- Mental and emotional abuse. Mental and emotional abuse may not exhibit the visible outward signs of physical abuse. However, symptoms of emotional or psychological abuse include withdrawal, unwillingness to communicate, and unusual behavior.
- Neglect. Signs of neglect are dehydration, malnutrition, pressure sores, and lack of personal hygiene. Symptoms like begging for food and soiled bedding and clothes may appear.
- Sexual Abuse. Signs of sexual abuse include both physical signs (bruises, vaginal bleeding, stained clothing) and psychological signs (depression, withdrawal, agitation).
Compensation for Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Residents of a nursing facility can file their own lawsuit for abuse and neglect, or their loved ones may file a claim on their behalf. The claim may include abusive or negligent facilities, staff, or operators of any kind. Common premises for lawsuits include:
- Negligent or abusive staff
- Negligent hiring or training of employees
- Negligent maintenance of the care facility or equipment
If the situation at a nursing home is life-threatening, call 911. If abuse or neglect is suspected, tell the nursing home administrator and file a report with the California Department of Public Health. A nursing home abuse attorney can help with filing a report.
If you or your loved one has a valid nursing home abuse or neglect claim, an experienced Riverside nursing home abuse lawyer may help you recover the following compensation:
- Any current future and medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Any related attorney’s fees
There are additional types of damages available at the discretion of the court. Attorney Joel Bryant will gladly review these and assist you in learning more about filing and proving a nursing home abuse and negligence claim. Call now to speak with a member of his professional, compassionate team.