Nursing Home Sexual Abuse Lawyer in Riverside
If you suspect or have evidence that your loved one is suffering sexual abuse in a Riverside nursing home or elder care facility, seek help right away from law enforcement and Adult Protective Services. Should you need assistance, Riverside nursing home abuse lawyer Joel Bryant is available to help you contact these professionals. He is:
- A dedicated nursing home abuse and neglect attorney
- Experienced in all areas of elder abuse and neglect law in California
- A fierce advocate for the legal rights of residents of nursing homes and their families
Elder sexual abuse is a problem in nursing homes across California. A thorough investigation into your loved one’s situation by Attorney Bryant will help ensure the best possible outcome under the circumstances. Call and schedule a free consultation today.
How a Riverside Nursing Home Sexual Abuse Attorney Can Help You
Nursing homes and elder care facilities have teams of attorneys and legal experts working to defend their interests. You need your own skilled legal representative to fight to prove your sexual abuse claim and secure maximum compensation for your loved one.
Attorney Joel Bryant will help by:
- Determining the parties liable for the abuse
- Obtaining and reviewing all medical records with an expert
- Negotiating towards any potential settlement with the at-fault parties
- Preparing and filing any legal documents
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
Attorney Bryant will work tirelessly to hold at-fault parties responsible for their actions. There are time limits to file nursing home sexual abuse claims, and evidence fades with time, so call Attorney Joel Bryant’s office and get started today.
What is Nursing Home Sexual Abuse?
Nursing home sexual abuse is the non-consensual or unwanted touching of a nursing home resident without the consent of the resident. Often the resident involved is either cognitively impaired or physically unable to deny consent to the contact.
Types of nursing home sexual abuse are:
- Unwanted touching
- Sexual assault
- Sexual battery
- Sexual photography
- Forced nudity
Most reported elder sexual abuse occurs in nursing homes, with the primary caregiver being the abuser. Older women are more likely than older men to suffer sexual abuse. Residents of nursing homes are more often targets due to isolation from their loved ones.
Signs of Nursing Home Sexual Abuse
There are both physical and psychological signs of nursing home sexual abuse that residents may exhibit. Both caregivers and family members need to observe for the following should they suspect a loved one is in trouble.
Physical signs of nursing home sexual abuse are:
- Bruises in the genital, thigh, and breast area
- Tears of cuts in the skin of the vaginal area
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown nature
- Unexplained sexual diseases or infections
- Torn, stained, or bloody clothing
- Increased difficulty sitting or walking
Psychological signs of nursing home sexual abuse include:
- Withdrawal from activities
- Anxiety or unexplained fear of a caregiver
- Agitation, anger, or abrupt change in mood
Compensation for Nursing Home Sexual Abuse
While no amount of damages can repair the damages of nursing home sexual abuse, compensation received can pay for essential costs. These may include moving your loved one to a new facility as well as:
- All medical expenses related to the abuse
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages to punish those responsible for the abuse
Therefore, if you suspect your loved one is a victim of nursing home sexual abuse, call Attorney Joel Bryant today. He will help you seek justice and recovery for your loved one. Help put your mind at ease by having an experienced, compassionate professional answer your nursing home abuse questions.